Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas



     As I stated in Activity #3, I felt that the lesson plan that I discussed, which attempted to find a connection between The Cold War and Brown vs. Board of Education, to be an interesting one in theory, but was somewhat underdeveloped.  My canvas helps to give students a forum to discuss if there is indeed a connection between these events, and my key question helps raise an important point: can two events that may not appear to have anything in common have a connection of some sort?


     I posted videos and posters related to both events, and the students can work to figure out if there are any underlying connections themselves, promoting their own critical thinking in the process.  This is an interesting lesson, and done correctly can be a great lesson for the students, something that I felt wasn’t fully accomplished by the plan I had read for our previous activity.

http://www.play.annenberginnovationlab.org/play2.0/challenge.php?idChallenge=2469&mode=view#network6 

1 comment:

  1. I really loved your canvas about the Cold War! It was so simple to navigate and I spend a good amount of time looking through the pictures and videos. This canvas is a great way to show students important information for your unit.

    ReplyDelete